Skip to main content

Turkey sends Lagendijk back to the Netherlands



Former MEP Joost Lagendijk yesterday detained when returning from a visit to the Netherlands in Istanbul by the police. ,, I'm not allowed in the country. Before that I would suddenly need a special permit, '' said the former GroenLinks politician and Turkey analyst who lives in Istanbul since 2009.




I suspect they want to bother me. I hope that this is the harbinger of that they want me off the land
Joost Langendijk
,, I have been given to understand that I must first apply for a special visa at the Turkish embassy in The Hague. I do not know if this is true or whether it is just a fallacy. Maybe it's just a plague row. I really do not know at this time. The Dutch ambassador in Ankara will at least find out what's going on. ''

Since November 2010 wrote Lagendijk critical columns about the Turkish government for the Gülen newspaper Zaman and Today's Zaman until taken over in March this year by the Turkish government. He also taught at the University Gülen Suleyman Shah in Istanbul. It was one of the 15 universities which were closed shortly after the failed coup, because they had ties with the Gülen movement. Erdogan Erdogan and the Turkish authorities accuse the American-resident Turkish Muslim preacher Fethullah Gülen of being the mastermind of the failed military coup. Lagendijk, who yesterday at 5 o'clock in the afternoon arrived at the Sabiha Gokcen airport on the Asian side of Istanbul, spend the night there in a night stay had other foreigners who have been refused entry to Turkey.

 Among them ,, a refugee from Iraq, whose family resides in Turkey, '' says Lagendijk. Plane With the next plane to Amsterdam he was this morning at half past nine returned to the Netherlands. When he left last Tuesday, his residence permit had expired one day. He had the documents with him that he could prove that he had applied for a new permit, but the meeting with the aliens for that is until January. To be sure, he had purchased an electronic tourist visa in the Netherlands, but that he was not admitted yesterday. ,, For my departure to the Netherlands, I was already detained for an hour, but they let me go after a few calls by the police. They have not even looked at my papers for a residence permit. '' Blacklist Lagendijk has the impression that he is a sort of black list of problem cases. ,, I guess they want to make me awkward and intimidating. At least I hope so. I hope that this is not the harbinger of that they want to deport me. '' Joost Lagendijk was married to a famous Turkish journalist and has lived and worked for many years in Turkey.

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Download:So In Love By Sunzib

He really is in love Mr Sunzib the barrister singer has just dropped his new single and this song of his can really melt down any girls heart, But here are some things you need to know about this guy....

SON of famed actor Will Smith Jhayden. At Early Age of 17 Announces That He Is....

When he spoke with GQ magazine, he spoke of his philosophy on life.

DEAR LADIES : BITTER TRUTH YOU MUST SWALLOW

DEAR LADIES : BITTER TRUTH YOU MUST SWALLOW :
1. Sex doesn't keep a man, if you like, turn 360% on bed, he will still dump you. Bleach until you become white, if he doesn't notice the qualities of a wife in you, he will leave you.

Students Of Ambrose Alli University Protest At Oba Of Benin Palace Over Hike In Fees

Students of The Ambrose Alli University, Ekpoma, Edo state Nigeria where at the palace of the Newly Crowned King/Oba of Benin today over the newly hike in school fees

VIDEO- WATI DROPS NA ONLY ME DEY

Wati 'na only me dey' video is out, the song has been on the lips of so many singers now and now the video is out to spice it up more, na only me dey has great massage that makes you wanna get up and praise the lord.